Friday, July 13, 2012

Basket Weave Wine Bottle Cozy


Anyone who knows me knows that I love me some red wine--Cabernet Sauvignon to be exact.  At the end of the day I have a glass to unwind and relax.  Watching two kids all day can get hectic, and I so look forward to my wine to indulge myself a bit.

I had been looking at a bottle of wine the other day and kept thinking that crocheting something to cover it would be much cuter than a paper wine bag when gifting it to someone.  I then kept thinking about how crocheting something to cover the bottle would actually make it a really cute decorative piece.  Either way, I was bound and determined to find a way to combine a couple of my two favorites: Crocheting and Wine.  Thus, I created this:



How cute would that be to give someone a bottle with your own personal touch to it?  Or, how about seeing that baby on a shelf in your house, so it looks cute until you decide to drink it?    This pattern should fit most wine bottles, but it is easy to tweak and change sizes. 

Hook: F
Yarn: Worsted Weight (I used Red Heart Soft)
Gauge:

Chain 2, 6sc in first chain created.  Join with slip stitch to first sc. (6sc)

Rnd 1: Ch1, 2sc in same stitch and in each stitch around. Join. (12sc)

Rnd 2: Ch1, 1sc in same stitch, 2sc in next stitch, (1sc in next stitch, 2sc in next stitch) around. Join (18sc)

Rnd 3: Ch1, 1sc in same stitch and next stitch, 2sc in next stitch, (1sc in next two stitches, 2sc in next) around. Join (24sc)

Rnd 4: Ch1, 1sc in same stitch and in next two stitches, 2sc in next stitch, (1sc in next three stitches, 2sc in next stitch) around. Join. (30sc)

Rnd 5: Ch1, 1sc in same stitch and in next three stitches, 2sc in next stitch, (1sc in next four stitches, 2sc in next) around. Join (36sc)

Rnd 6: Ch1, 1sc in same stitch and in next four stitches, 2sc in next stitch, (1sc in next five stitches, 2sc in next) around. Join (42sc)

Rnd 7: WORKING IN BACK LOOP ONLY. Ch1, 1sc in each stitch around. Join (42sc)

Rnd 8: Working in BOTH loops again, Ch1, 1sc in same stitch and next four stitches, dec sc, (1sc in next five stitches, 1dec sc) around. Join (36sc)

Rnd 9: Ch3 (counts as first stitch), 1tr in each stitch around.  Join to top of beginning chain 3 (36 tr)

Rnd 10:  Ch3 (does not count as first stitch), fptr around first stitch and next two stitches, bptr around next three stitches, (fptr around next three stitches, bptr around next three stitches) around.  Join to top of chain 3. (18fptr, 18bptr)

Rnd 11: Ch3, bptr around first stitch and next two stitches, fptr around next three stitches, (bptr around next three stitches, fptr around next three stitches) around. Join to beginning chain 3(18bptr, 18fptr)

Rnds 12-23: Repeat Rnds 10 and 11

Rnd 24: Ch1, 1sc in each stitch around. Join (36sc)

Rnd 25: Ch1, 1sc in same stitch and in next three stitches, dec sc, (1sc in next four stitches, dec sc) around. Join. (30sc)

Rnd 26: Ch2. 1dc in each stitch around. Join (30dc).

Finish Off.



Photobucket
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Betsy
    I am your newest follower and very impressed with what I have seen of your blog up to now....so this is just a first hello as I'm itching to get back in to view some more :-)

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s look so beautiful! I am enjoy and love it very much.and I love very much wonderful things.
    Hope you had the greatest time living it up!!
    GIFT BASKET

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails