Monday, August 15, 2011

Pattern Designing

I am hoping to dive a bit more into a new endeavor-- pattern creation. I have created a few patterns here and there, but I haven't made it into anything real big. Actually, my Etsy shop currently has 0 items for sale. Really? Zero? I need to get on the ball!

My biggest reason for wanting to do more pattern creation is because I am due to have this second baby in early November. I am not planning on making and filling orders after she is born for awhile. I know pattern design involves emailing and support to the buyers, but it eliminates the logistics of figuring out sizing for a client, colors, and how and when payment will happen...as well as product shipment.

Hopefully, this endeavor takes off sooner than later and I can get a few good patterns and pictures on my site soon. I have been brainstorming what types of things to create, but I haven't come up with much that hasn't already been designed by someone else. Any suggestions?

So far the advice I have been given is to include a lot of pictures, which I am not always so good at. Hopefully, I can do better at this. Any other advice?

So, wish me luck and be on the lookout for some new patterns......I hope!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Pattern designing is a wonderful world! I dived in around May and never could imagine how much my business would grow. I think the hard part is being unique. I'm thankful that I had a awesome photographer with a fresh idea that no one was doing. There are a lot of copycats out there so find some fun new stitches and make some great designs. I'm excited to see what you come up with! Best Wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the news of another baby, but welcome to the world of patterns! I have a crochet business, but when I discovered the large underground crochet pattern market, it made life so much better. I love it for the same reasons you mentioned - no filling order, no trip to the Post Office, just send out an e-mail. I just found your site through Ravelry and am excited to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails