I honestly feel like this has been the longest haul! I chose to go to grad school now, even though I don't plan on going back to work until I finish having babies, because I want to be able to go back to work (not school) when I get back into the work world.
Many things have suffered or have had to make changes due to my decision to get my masters degree.
- My Tuesday nights. Since August of 2008 I have devoted almost EVERY Tuesday night to class (6-10pm) and a few of my weekends. I think that Tuesdays will be my new favorite day after I complete my classes.
- 3-4 of my weekdays. My internship has taken up 25-30 hours of my life during the week since August 2010.
- My loving mother, sisters, and sister-in-law have graciously babysat Belle during the week, so I can go to my internship. Nothing beats free childcare by family. NOTHING.
- My stress level has sky rocketed. I hate deadlines, busy-ness, and staying organized. I am not the poster child for having everything in my life together. I am easily overwhelmed and I have definitely suffered from anxiety. The thought of never having to write another paper, take another test, or head off to my internship while trying to make sure Belle has dipes, wipes, clothes, a sippy, a paci, her blankey (blah, blah, blah) is so refreshing!
- My poor husband. He has been a saint through all of this. He has dealt with my anxiety attacks over piled up laundry, my exhaustion from running around like a crazy person, and supporting me through the past 3 years (most days :-) I think he secretly CANNOT wait for this all to be over).
- My crochet time! I have had a hard time completing orders in a timely manner and trying some new patterns. I have had papers to write and books to read, so the crochet hooks have taken a bit of a backseat. I have kept up as best a can, but my patient customers have been SO fabulous and understanding.