Friday, May 25, 2012

Leaf Pattern


I have had a lot of people ask me about the pattern for the leaves in my header and signature. I never wrote it down when I made them, but felt now was a better time than any to get the pattern down and share it with everyone. It is quick and simple! Those are the best kind of patterns, right?  I don't remember how I made the original pattern exactly, but I think this comes pretty close to the same outcome.

Use whatever size hook and yarn you like.  I used an H hook and worsted weight yarn.  My leaf ended up being about 3.25" when finished.

Chain 11:
1 sc in second chain from hook and next two.
1 hdc in next two chains
1 dc in next four chains
5 dc in last chain

Working in opposite side of chain now:
1 dc in next four chains
1 hdc in next two
1 sc in next three
Join to first single crochet on opposite side.  Finish off.


  Photobucket
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Betsy,
    I just wanted to thank you for the great hat pattern. I have made several for my granddaughter. I am in search of a summer dress pattern. Do you know of any? Thanks Amalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you help me ? i have tried over and over to order from your ravelry site and i cannot get the '2000FANS' code to work for the $2 discount

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this! I can't wait to start my fall hats!!

    www.tiffanyvictoria.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for allowing your leaf pattern to be used as "Yoda ears". It is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much por the pattern!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails