Friday, May 25, 2012

Leaf Pattern


I have had a lot of people ask me about the pattern for the leaves in my header and signature. I never wrote it down when I made them, but felt now was a better time than any to get the pattern down and share it with everyone. It is quick and simple! Those are the best kind of patterns, right?  I don't remember how I made the original pattern exactly, but I think this comes pretty close to the same outcome.

Use whatever size hook and yarn you like.  I used an H hook and worsted weight yarn.  My leaf ended up being about 3.25" when finished.

Chain 11:
1 sc in second chain from hook and next two.
1 hdc in next two chains
1 dc in next four chains
5 dc in last chain

Working in opposite side of chain now:
1 dc in next four chains
1 hdc in next two
1 sc in next three
Join to first single crochet on opposite side.  Finish off.


  Photobucket
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Betsy,
    I just wanted to thank you for the great hat pattern. I have made several for my granddaughter. I am in search of a summer dress pattern. Do you know of any? Thanks Amalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you help me ? i have tried over and over to order from your ravelry site and i cannot get the '2000FANS' code to work for the $2 discount

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this! I can't wait to start my fall hats!!

    www.tiffanyvictoria.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for allowing your leaf pattern to be used as "Yoda ears". It is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails